Join us for our virtual Speed Mentoring event for an opportunity to meet, network, and brainstorm with your colleagues. Gain valuable insight into each mentor’s role at SJSU and how you can collaborate together in future initiatives and find opportunities for growth.
The group of guest mentors is composed of SJSU administrators, senior faculty, and leaders. Similar to the “speed dating” concept, this virtual speed mentoring event is for staff to have a chance to meet with guest mentors in small groups. Although the initial time is brief, this is a great way to start a connection and follow-up from there.
Each mentor organized through the Zoom Breakout Groups will have a grouping of two mentors and participants in each round with about 4 to 5 rounds of “speed mentoring.” Within each round (about 15 minutes), we hope to accomplish:
To maximize exposure and honor meeting the group of speed mentors, participants will be placed into arranged break-out groups and rotated by the Spartan Sparks hosts. Take this opportunity to meet SJSU leaders to broaden your awareness and network!
- Brief introductions
- Q&A based on a few key questions that you as participants will bring that day
- Sharing contact information so that you might follow-up with specific questions at a later time
Welcome & Introduction to Guest Mentors @ 10:00 a.m.
Opening Panel @ 10:15 a.m.
- Moderated by Joanne Delamar, Executive Assistant to the Dean, College of Health and Human Sciences
- Vincent J. Del Casino, Provost
- Annette Nellen, AALDG Program Co-Founder; Professor, MST Program Director
- Bonnie Sugiyama, Director Gender Equity Center & PRIDE Center
Mentor Sessions @ 10:35 a.m.
- Mohamed Abousalem, VP, Research & Innovation
- Thalia Anagnos, Associate Vice President Undergraduate Education
- Sara Bonakdar, Director, Strategic Sourcing
- Francisco Castillo, Director, Jack Holland Student Success Center
- Marc d’Alarcao, Dean, College of Graduate Studies
- Wendy Dunn, Director Operations & Administration Services, University Library
- Lilly Gangai, Chicanx/Latinx Student Success Center Director
- Hien Huynh, Information Security Officer
- Walt Jacobs, Dean, College of Social Sciences
- Camille Johnson, Associate Dean, Research and Faculty Success, College of Social Science
- Matthew Masucci, Associate Dean, Academic Programs and Student Success, College of Health and Human Sciences
- Ravisha Mathur, SJSU Academic Senate, Senate Chair
- Junelyn Pangan Peeples, VP, Institutional Effectiveness & Analytics
- Sarah Prasad, English Composition Instructor, AALDG Alum
- Ron Rogers, Associate Dean, Academic Programs & Student Success, College of Social Sciences
- Audrey Shillington, Dean, College of Health and Human Sciences
- Erlinda Yanez, Department Coordinator, Chicana and Chicano Studies
Concluding Remarks @ 11:55 a.m.